SCRAP accepts donations of clean, reusable materials
Tuesday through Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Save on disposal costs, contribute to the community, and help SCRAP divert over 250 tons of materials “too good to throw away” from landfills every year. Because of your donations, SCRAP is able to supply useful materials to school teachers, nonprofits, parents, artists and others.
Cleaning out your closets, workspace, or kids rooms? Just threw a party? Accumulating too many projects that you’ll get around to someday? SCRAP can take those leftover materials that seem “too good to throw away,” but that you no longer need.
Do you have remnants, damaged items, mill-ends, blanks or off-cuts that might be re-purposed? Holding on to outdated letterhead, display, packaging, signage, or promotional items? Cleaning out your warehouse or material library? Save money on disposal costs and get a tax-deduction for your material donations. SCRAP can take clean and usable materials that might otherwise be thrown-away.
Want to spread the ethos of REUSE at your office? Organize a SCRAP drive at your office. SCRAP can provide signage, messaging, and free pick-up. Contact us at SCRAP@scrap-sf.org.
Examples of materials SCRAP accepts are:
- Art supplies (markers, paints, brushes, stamps, canvas, papers)
- Paper (leftover letterhead, trimmed edges, mat board, foam core, fancy boxes)
- Textiles (fabric, yarn, samples, leather, millends, patterns)
- Signage and promotional items (used banners, foam core, flags, products)
- Buttons, beads, wire and notions
- Natural materials (feathers, pinecones, candles, wax)
- Architectural & interior samples (NO glued or riveted sample books)
- Teaching materials and toys (No text books – contact RecycleTextbooks.org)
- Surplus, off-cuts, defects, remnants from manufacturing
- Lab glass and plastics
Items SCRAP is unable to accept include:
- Electronic and computer equipment
- Hazardous waste of ANY type
- Matches, or any type of flammable liquids
- Large items
If we can’t take your donation we will do our best to refer to you to an organization that can.
How to Donate Material
- Check the detailed list of items we accept. Because of space constraints, we cannot always accept all items. SCRAP reserves the right to refuse donations even if they have been approved unseen via the phone or email. Call us at 415 647-1746 or email us at email@example.com for more information.
Donations are accepted at SCRAP 10 AM to 4 PM Tuesday through Saturday, ONLY.
- Organize your materials. SCRAP cannot accept dirty or moldy materials. Our staff spends a lot of time sorting – we greatly appreciate labeled and neatly packed boxes.
- SCRAP can pick up your donation by appointment. within ten miles of SCRAP, there no charge for this service. However, we appreciate your voluntary donation of $15 for individuals, $50 for businesses,
To arrange for a pick-up, please call SCRAP at 415 647-1746 between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and speak to our staff.
- Please be sure your donation is easily accessible. Our drivers are unable to move large items and are not permitted to clean up or organize donations that are not ready when they arrive.
- Thank you! SCRAP relies on your generous donations to supply teachers, students and artists year round.
We also rely on your financial support
Donate securely through Paypal by clicking the banner above. You can also support SCRAP when you shop at Amazon. Simply go to www.smile.amazon.com and chose SCRAP as your designated charity. There is no cost to you, and Amazon gives SCRAP .5% of your purchase amount. And of course, we welcome your in person donation at SCRAP (801 Toland St., enter on Newcomb) or by mailing a check to: 834 Toland St, San Francisco, CA 94124
Your tax-deductible donations support our great programs:
- Low-cost creative reuse workshops
- School field trips
- Monthly newsletters
- Free community outreach and educational events
- Workforce development programs for developmentally disabled persons
Your support is vital to help SCRAP build and sustain our role in the community. Donations are usually tax-deductible.