SCRAP takes donations of clean, organized reusable materials
Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
Save on disposal costs, contribute to the community, and help SCRAP divert over 250 tons of materials “too good to throw away” from landfill each year. Because of your donations SCRAP is able to supply useful materials to school teachers, nonprofits, parents, artists and others. See below for a detailed list of items SCRAP accepts. Due to our space constraints at times we may not be able to take certain items even though they appear on the list. Please call ahead if you have any questions regarding your donation. SCRAP reserves the right to refuse donations even if they have been approved unseen via the phone or email. If we can’t take your donation we will do our best to refer to you to a source that can.
Examples of materials SCRAP accepts are:
• Art supplies (markers, paints, brushes, stamps, canvas, papers)
• Paper (leftover letterhead, trimmed edges, mat board, foam core)
• Textiles (fabric, yarn, samples, millends, patterns)
• Signage and promotional items (used banners, foam core, flags, products)
• Buttons, beads, wire and notions
• Natural materials (feathers, pinecones, candles, wax)
• Architectural & interior samples (NO samples glued into books)
• Teaching materials and toys (No text books – contact RecycleTextbooks.org)
• Surplus, off-cuts, defects, remnants from manufacturing
Donate online right now through Paypal by clicking above. You can also donate in person at SCRAP (801 Toland St.) or by mailing a check to: 834 Toland St, San Francisco, CA 94124
Your tax-deductible donations support
all our great programs:
• Low-cost creative reuse workshops
• School field trips
• Monthly newsletters
• Free donation pick-ups
• Community outreach and educational events
Your support is vital to help SCRAP build and sustain our role in the community. All donations are tax-deductible. Thanks for your support!
ANYONE CAN DONATE
Your donation of clean, organized reusable materials is greatly appreciated.
For donations of 15 boxes or more, we can provide free pick-up.
Some past donors include:
• Interior design firms
• Architecture firms
• Hotels and Event planners
• Printers and Publishers
• Frame shops
• Science labs
• Advertising agencies
• Museums and Theaters
• Offices – organize a collection drive at your office!
Cleaning out your closets, workspace, or kids rooms? Just threw a party? Accumulating too many projects that you’ll get around to someday? SCRAP can take those leftover materials that seem “too good to throw away,” but that you no longer need.
Do you have remnants, damaged items, mill-ends, blanks or off-cuts that might be re-purposed? Holding on to outdated letterhead, display, packaging, signage, or promotional items? Cleaning out your warehouse or material library? Save money on disposal costs and get a tax-deduction for your material donations. SCRAP can take clean and usable materials that might otherwise be thrown-away.
Want to spread the ethos of REUSE at your office? Organize a SCRAP drive at your office. SCRAP can provide signage, messaging, and free pick-up. Contact Kat Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to donate materials:
1. Check the detailed list of items we accept. Because of space constraints, we cannot always accept all items. SCRAP reserves the right to refuse donations even if they have been approved unseen via the phone or email. Call us at (415) 647-1746 or email us at email@example.com for more information. Donations are accepted 10am to 4pm Tues through Sat.
2. Organize your materials. SCRAP cannot accept dirty or moldy materials. Our staff spends a lot of time sorting – we greatly appreciate labeled and neatly packed boxes.
3. Please note that our donation procedures have changed! SCRAP can pick up donations of 15 boxes or more by appointment at no charge. To arrange for a pick-up you must call SCRAP at (415)647-1746 during business hours (M-Sat 9:00am – 5:00pm) and speak to our staff. You may also bring your donations in person to SCRAP Tuesday through Saturday 10:00am to 4:00pm. If you have any questions regarding your donation you can fill out the form below or give us a call.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -