SCRAP accepts donations
of clean, reusable materials
Tuesday through Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Save on disposal costs, contribute to the community, and help SCRAP divert over 250 tons of materials “too good to throw away” from landfills every year. Thanks to you, SCRAP is able to supply useful materials to school teachers, nonprofits, parents, artists and others.
Click below for a detailed list of items SCRAP accepts.
- Art supplies (markers, paints, brushes, stamps, canvas, papers)
- Paper (leftover letterhead, trimmed edges, mat board, foam core, fancy boxes)
- Textiles (fabric, yarn, samples, leather, millends, patterns)
- Signage and promotional items (used banners, foam core, flags, products)
- Buttons, beads, wire and notions
- Natural materials (feathers, pinecones, candles, wax)
- Architectural & interior samples (NO glued or riveted sample books)
- Teaching materials and toys (No text books – contact RecycleTextbooks.org)
- Surplus, off-cuts, defects, remnants from manufacturing
- Lab glass and plastics
Generally, we do not accept: furniture, electronics, appliances, toxic substances, or house paint.
Due to space constraints, at times we may not be able to take certain items even though they appear on the list. Please call ahead if you have any questions regarding your donation. SCRAP reserves the right to refuse donations even if they have been approved unseen via the phone or email. If we can’t take your donation we will do our best to refer to you to a source that can.
We also need your financial support
Donate right now through Paypal by clicking the “Donate Now” above. And of course, we welcome your gift in person at SCRAP (801 Toland St., enter on Newcomb) or by mailing a check to: 834 Toland St, San Francisco, CA 94124
You can also support SCRAP, at no personal cost, when you shop at Amazon. Simply go to www.smile.amazon.com and chose SCRAP as your designated charity. There is no cost to you, and Amazon gives SCRAP .5% of your purchase amount.
Your tax-deductible donations support our great programs:
- Free Teachers’ Give-Aways
- Low-cost creative reuse workshops
- School field trips
- Monthly newsletters
- Free community outreach and educational events
- Workforce development programs for developmentally disabled persons
Your support is vital to help SCRAP build and sustain our role in the community. Donations are tax-deductible. Thank YOU for your support!
How to Donate Material
Your donation of clean, organized reusable materials is greatly appreciated.
For donations, if you are in San Francisco, you can schedule a FREE pick-up. There is a minimum quantity for free pickups.
We appreciate your voluntary donation of $15 for homes and $50 for businesses to cover the cost of pick ups.
Some past donors include:
- Adaptive Path
- Amnesty International
- Asian Art Museum
- Banana Republic
- Dreamfish Creative
- Emiko O Reware
- Emporio Armani
- Flax Art & Design
- Franciscan Interiors
- Great Overland Book Co.
- Hilton Hotels
- Huntsman Architects
- Jay Adams Design
- Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
- Moscone Center
- Oberon Design
- Rainbow Grocery General Store
- Restoration Hardware
- E. Lankford & Co.
- Sterling Art Services
- Turning Heads Design
- Wells Fargo Bank
- World Pension Forum
Cleaning out your closets, workspace, or kids rooms? Just threw a party? Accumulating too many projects that you’ll get around to someday? SCRAP can take those leftover materials that seem “too good to throw away,” but that you no longer need.
Do you have remnants, damaged items, mill-ends, blanks or off-cuts that might be re-purposed? Holding on to outdated letterhead, display, packaging, signage, or promotional items? Cleaning out your warehouse or material library? Save money on disposal costs and get a tax deduction for your material donations. SCRAP can take clean and usable materials that might otherwise be thrown-away.
Want to spread the ethos of REUSE at your office? Organize a SCRAP drive at your office. SCRAP can provide signage, messaging, and free pick-up. Contact us at SCRAP@scrap-sf.org.
How to donate materials:
- Check the detailed list of items we accept. Because of space constraints, we cannot always accept all items. SCRAP reserves the right to refuse donations even if they have been approved unseen via the phone or email. Call us at 415 647-1746 or email us at email@example.com for more information. Donations are accepted at SCRAP 10 AM to 4 PM Tuesday through Saturday, ONLY.
- Organize your materials. SCRAP cannot accept dirty or moldy materials. Our staff spends a lot of time sorting – we greatly appreciate labeled and neatly packed boxes.
- SCRAP can pick up your donation by appointment. In San Francisco, there no charge for this service. However, we appreciate your voluntary donation of $15 for individuals, $50 for businesses,
To arrange for a pick-up, please call SCRAP at 415 647-1746 between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and speak to our staff. You may also bring your donations in person to SCRAP Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. If you have any questions regarding your donation you can fill out the form below or call us.
- Please be sure your donation is easily accessible. Our drivers are unable to move large items and are not permitted to clean up or organize donations that are not ready when they arrive.
- Thank you! SCRAP relies on your generous donations to supply teachers, students and artists year round.